Some of the Truck Hardware mud flaps need to have a bracket installed prior to mounting the mudflap. Below are the instructions for installing the front brackets and mud flaps on GMC Sierra 1500 or Chevrolet Silverado 1500. The product part # is GB756681 and is availabe at SharpTruck.com.
The manufacturer is not responsible for negligent use of vehicle with mud flaps installed, including over-tightening of screws and bolts causing damage to vehicle or mud flaps.
- Electric or Re-Chargeable ½” or 3/8” drill
- 3/8” Socket
- #2 Phillips Screwdriver
- 1 - Mount Bracket, Rear driver side - Part #755524
- 1 - Mount Bracket, Rear passenger side - Part #755525
- 8 - Tek Screw, ¼-14 x 1.25” - Part #010011
- 8 - Flat Washer, 0.281” x 1.0” - Part #018028
- 8 - Machine Screws, #8-32 x 1/2”, stainless steel - Part #012031
- 2 - Rear Strip, 1” x 12” - Part #755523
For ease of installation, it is suggested that the wheel be removed
- Before you install your mud flap set, see the diagram and parts list for all necessary parts. Cut protective plastic and peel away from stainless steel. Start on the driver’s side.
- Square the flap with the tire while holding the flap up against the wheel well.
- Ensure the 4 slotted holes on the stainless steel panel are centered on the wheel well and the slots in the stainless steel panel cannot be seen from the rear of the truck.
- Fasten the flap with the 4 tek screws and washers into the 4 slotted holes.
Check all fasteners for tightness. Repeat procedure on the other side.